See below for a delicious banana nut bread made with Green from Greece olive oil & Cretan thyme honey.
By: Kouzounas Kitchen & Chef Krystina Kalapothakos
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup Green from Greece olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup of Coconut milk, or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup Cretan Thyme Honey
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon flax seed
- Optional: Chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 330 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, milk, and eggs. Add the mashed bananas, and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, add the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and gently fold in the nuts.
- Pour batter into a large greased loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the pan cool before cutting the bread.
- Serve with Cretan thyme honey over the top.
Krystina thank you, it is delicious ! ! !